Rewire Leadership emerged as my top choice after considering at least 100 names. Why? When I described what we've been doing at Authentic Leadership Institute, California over the last 9 years, I heard myself say, "We help leaders rewire themselves. Our focus has been on providing skills to help leaders and teams shift out of reactive survival strategies into more authentic and constructive responses."
Then, I stopped myself and said, "That's it! Rewire Leadership! That's our new name."
And so, our new identity was born. Lesson learned. Trademark in hand. Sipping lemonade.
So what does Rewire Leadership mean? To us it means Unlocking potential in people and teams to create excellence, authenticity, and resilience. If it sounds similar to what we've been doing, that's good.
However, you will see lots of differences in how we interact with you.
- Our new website is rich in content.
- The website includes the first publication of PeRL, the Process engaged to Rewire Leadership. In the next blog, we'll talk more about how the PeRL walks you through a long-term, rewarding change process.
- We will focus on a new topic each month and provide you with an ongoing story about characters who are using Rewire Leadership principles and practices and those who are not. Sally and Donna were the first two leaders who were introduced in this month's monthly article.
- We'll present you with theory, activities to explore, and practices to use regularly.
- We now have a blog on which you can post questions and comments about the monthly topics. We are hoping this develops into rich dialogues and relationships.
- We'll have our associates and other experts contributing to our blog.
- Our infrequent newsletter will now be weekly. It will include articles, activities, and practices related to the monthly topic as well as relevant quotes and upcoming events.
And we have many other ideas that we will tell you about and launch as they mature. Stay tuned.